Dare I say it? Guys, WE MADE IT! It is officially the weekend and almost Christmas! Take a second, give yourself a big old pat on the back. The presents are purchased, cookies are made, work is done…and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t rewarding myself with a glass of wine right now.
As we count down to Christmas, I thought it would be funny to share some of the holiday disasters that have happened at the Letizia house this year. We are by no means the Griswald family, but we have had our moments.
- Christmas tree fail. For those of you who have real trees in your house. You earn an extra pat on the back. Alex and my families both had artificial trees growing up, and honestly, we both are too scared to change that. The Christmas tree we have had for years now was a hand-me-down from my parents. It lived it’s life and desperately needed to be replaced this year. So, on Black Friday, I saw a stellar Target deal for a Christmas tree for only thirty dollars #stealofthecentury. I was so excited when it came that I started setting it up immediately. Much to my disappointment, it made our hand-me-down tree look like a rockstar. So, we had to take it down, package it up, and drag it to Target where we exchanged it for a tree that was not thirty dollars (much to my husband’s anger and disappointment).
- Wax paper fire alarm. I thought I was being totally efficient the other day by popping cookies into the oven while I was working. Wrong. I used what I thought was parchment paper to line the cookie sheets…wrong…I soon smelled smoke and opened the oven door to the smell of burning chemicals, setting off our fire alarm, and making me start the cookie process all over again.
- Santa Claus. One of Lilly’s gifts came on Amazon. So I opened the box leaving the present exposed. I had been shoving any packages that came into our office and shutting the door to hide them from her. I know, I know…not smart…but she hasn’t gone looking for her gifts yet. Alex was in the office one night and left the door open. I was in the kitchen, and I suddenly hear Lilly scream, “YOU BOUGHT ME A WATCH!?”. That was supposed to be a Santa gift…
- Remembering to move our Elf on the Shelf. There have been a few mornings where Lilly wakes up and says, “Let’s go find Buddy!!” and Alex and I look at each other in pure terror. Luckily we both have been able to tag team and one distracts while the other finds an impromptu spot for the elf.
- Christmas card error. This is from last year, and it’s all my fault (I swear I thought I proofread it). But our card had the wrong year on it when wishing everyone a Happy New Year. Epic. Fail.
- Saved by in-store pickup. A few gifts were supposed to come today and I got a notification saying, “SHIPMENT DELAYED”. Ya, thanks a lot. But what saved me was Best Buy in-store pickup today. I ordered online, they notified me when the order was ready. I walked in, I picked up my order, I walked out. Don’t even get me started on Walmart pick-up. I would have no time to buy groceries if it wasn’t for that glorious service.
I am sure there will be quite a few more in the next coming days. I’ll keep you updated, but in case you are in a last minute pinch in deciding what to wear this weekend, Lilly and I have you covered. We are sharing our favorite holiday dresses of the season. The best news of all? Most of them are on sale! I love buying holiday pieces when they are heavily discounted at the end of the season because most are still on-trend year after year, and if you are only wearing a piece seasonally, chances are no one will remember it from one year to the next!