If I took a vote, I wonder what the results would be. Who do you have a more difficult time buying gifts for, women or men? I can’t tell you how many times I have asked Alex what he wants for Christmas this year without any response. On top of getting zero ideas, he’s quite picky. It often makes me feel like I am taking a shot in the dark, but I have bought a few gifts over the years together that have been guy approved!
- One of the major gifts that all family members pitched in for on Alex’s 30th birthday was a Kegerator. They can be on the pricier side for a gift, but they have a Mini Kegerator you can buy for half the price! Alex is obsessed with his. He often disappears into the basement for unknown amounts of time because he’s “fixing it”.
- Ladies, a gift that gives back to me is the Williams Sonoma Grill School cookbook. My husband is outside grilling practically every weekend. I honestly prefer his steak over a nice restaurants steak now. My parents bought him this book a few years back. Total game changer. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
- If your man is anything like Alex, they are always trying to “fix” something. Alex will be the first to admit he’s not the best at construction projects, but what I have learned is that if you give him something to keep him busy (aka play with), he’s happy. I think the Amazon Echo Dot is just that.
- Something they need. Alex never buys himself boxers, socks, belts. He’ll purchase a new shirt here and there but that’s about it. I always think it’s fun to give them something small. I love the “if you can read this, please bring me a beer” socks. Hilarious, and he probably has holes in his socks and needs a new pair anyways. They make great stocking stuffers.
- Uncommon Goods has a ton of hilarious and fun gifts for men. Beeropoly, glasses of their favorite sports teams. I love the New York Times customizable best of (their favorite sports team) history book. It has all the highlights and major news from the very beginning to present of their favorite sports team. Alex is a huge sports buff and would LOVE this as a gift.
- Something Alex and I gift to each other often is the gift of quality time. We often forego gifts to spend a night away together or go out to dinner. With your man in mind, you can’t go wrong with surprising them with tickets for their favorite sports team, take them to a brewery and brew your own beer, tickets to see their favorite band in concert.
Gift giving should be a sport. I hope this guide gives you some great ideas and a good start at deciding what to buy the men in your life this season! Wishing you the best of luck!