You are a unique, strong, and beautiful little girl; and daily I pray that God helps me to make the right decisions for your life until you are able to make them for yourself. You are strong-willed and a natural born leader, but above all, I want you to use those qualities to show others love and compassion.
I never want you to feel inferior because you are a woman. Being a woman does not make you fragile or complacent and with a little grit, determination, and trust in your faith, you can pursue any dream that you have.
There will be struggles in your life. Relationships will end. People will be mean. There will be hurt. But always remember, that God has a bigger purpose for your life; and that even when I am not; I am always with you, will always be a part of you, and can’t even describe the unconditional love I have for you.
I know sooner or later you will grow and probably not want the advice of your mother, and if that is the case, I want you to remember these things:
- Make Jesus the center of your life.
- Be you. Authentically you. Even when that might seem like not enough, or too much, or might not be the cool thing to do.
- Find your voice. Use it with passion and purpose.
- Work hard. With determination and patience.
- Be compassionate. Treat others with a kindness that lifts them up.
- Encourage and motivate others. Always be a team player (but never a pushover).
- Truly listen to others. Learn their perspectives. Support them when they need it.
- Love and appreciate others’ beauty, and remember that it doesn’t make you any less beautiful.
- Use your brain. Be witty. Read too much. Never stop learning.
- Fight for the job. If you don’t get it, reflect, work harder, and try again.
- Love your womanhood. Find strength in it, and never, ever apologize for it.
- Be polite. Be kind. But never complacent.
- Listen to your intuition. Be careful and aware.
- Find what ignites your soul, what you love, what you are passionate about. Never give up on it.
- Don’t let a man or anyone else define you.
- Respect your body.
- Never forget that you are worthy.
- Listen to too much Beyonce. Sing in the shower. Sing in the car.
- Do things that scare you. You’ll be surprised at how strong you are.
- Admit when you are wrong. Say sorry, and mean it. But don’t forget to use your voice when a wrong has been done to you.
- Talk to your parents. I guarantee we understand more than you can imagine.
- Be brave. Be authentic. Be fierce.
- Be loving.
- Never forget my love for you.